Detailing clay works by gliding over the paint and removing contaminants. All detailing clay needs some type of lubrication in order to work effectively without scratching the paint. Some detailers use soapy water as a lubricant, but detergents in the car wash could break down the clay bar. The best option is a true clay lubricant, like Wolfgang Clay Lubricant.
Wolfgang Clay Lubricant is an advanced, VOC compliant formula containing super polymers, which provide a sheer, ultra smooth shield between the paint and the clay. Its high-lubricity formula makes the process extra gentle on your car’s finish—loosened particles are safely lifted away without scratching even the delicate clear coat.
Besides protecting the paint, Wolfgang Clay Lubricant makes it very easy to deep clean your vehicle with clay. The clay literally glides across the wet surface with little to no effort. You will be amazed at how much debris is lifted from the car with each pass. That debris is rail dust, tree sap, and industrial fallout. When you feel no grabbing or resistance whatsoever between the car and the clay, the claying is complete. Simply wipe away any residue with a clean towel. You are left with a smooth, perfectly clean finish.
Wolfgang Clay Lubricant is safe on glass, metal, and all types of paint. It doesn’t leave any type of residue or coating. When you’re finished claying a section simply wipe off the excess lubricant. If the clay bar left any residue, mist it with Wolfgang Clay Lubricant and wipe it off with a soft microfiber towel.
Spray small area with lubricant.
Use moderate pressure passing
the clay across the paint.
- Wash vehicle first. It is not necessary to dry it.
- Spray a fine mist of Wolfgang Clay Lubricant on a 2 square foot area.
- Rub Wolfgang Elastic Poly Clay Bar across the wet surface in a back and forth motion.
- The clay will grab at first as it encounters contamination on the paint surface. This is normal. When the clay glides smoothly, the surface is clean.
- Use the lubricant to remove any clay residue using a microfiber towel. Wipe dry.
- Inspect the clay after each section. If it appears soiled, reshape it to reveal a clean portion. If dropped on the ground, discard the clay.
Tech Notes: Claying with Wolfgang Elastic Poly Clay and Wolfgang Clay Lubricant twice a year is sufficient to maintain a silky finish. For the ultimate outcome, follow claying with Wolfgang Pre-Wax Polish, then protect and seal in the shine with Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. This will yield an unbelievable showroom-quality finish.