Engineering A Perfect Finish!
Wolfgang Über Compound is a high-performance compound that is more than capable of removing severe paint defects while finishing like a polish. Engineered with a proprietary blend of micro and diminishing abrasives, Wolfgang Über Compound quickly smooths away paint defects including P1200 sanding marks without dulling the finish or softening the shine. Über Compound continues the excellence that has been defined by Wolfgang Concours Series Car Care Products by combining American and German technology.
Pictured: Wolfgang Uber Compound, Finishing Glaze, and Fuzion Wax - Ferrari F430 Spider
3 simple steps yields a better finish and a higher gloss than any other polishing system available.
Wolfgang Concours-Series Car Care Products are used by professional detailers on the world's most prestigious automobiles.
Wolfgang Über Compound has a hand lotion-like consistency. Contained in each drop is some of the most advanced abrasive technology available. A unique blend of extreme-fine micro abrasives and highly-refined diminishing abrasives allow Über Compound to work immediately to improve the paint's finish. Seriously paint defects are quickly eliminated in a uniform manner, leaving behind a finish that is ready for final polishing. It has never been easier to restore a shine to damaged and weathered paint.
This amazing compound is a hybrid of Wolfgang's abrasive technology and Menzerna of Germany's special milling process. The result is a combination of polishing abrasives that are extremely consistent for the highest results possible. Wolfgang Über Compound uses Wolfgang's polish formula to produce a fast-cutting, high-energy compound that works with all machine types while producing outstanding results in all weather conditions regardless of the paint it is applied to. Like all Wolfgang polishing compounds, Über Compound wipes easily off the paint to reveal a shine only previously available by using dedicated polishes.
Traditional cutting compounds feature large abrasive granules that quickly cut the paint but leave behind a scoured finish littered with fine scratches. These scratches require a subsequent polishing step with a finer compound or swirl removing polish to restore the shine. Finally, a third step with an ultra-fine polish is utilized to create a flawless finish. Wolfgang Über Compound eliminates the middle step because it creates a level, polished surface as it removes paint defects.
Because Über Compound reduces the number of steps required to achieve a show-car shine, it reduces the amount of paint/clearcoat removed during the compounding process. Modern paint systems are extremely thin -between .0035 and .007 of an inch in total thickness- so care must be taken when removing severe paint defects. Unlike traditional compounds which aggressively carve away paint defects, Wolfgang Über Compound's advanced blend of refined abrasives smooths them away while creating a shine. This high-energy compound saves time, saves money and most importantly saves your paint.
Wolfgang Über Compound is engineered to produce outstanding results when used with any style of machine polisher including your favorites from Porter Cable, FLEX, Makita, Rupes, DeWalt and more. It will remove severe paint defects such as oxidation, bird bomb stains, acid rain etching, and coarse-grade sanding scratches from all paint systems -from antique lacquers and enamels to today's scratch resistant clearcoats.
Regardless of the machine you use or the paint it is used on, Über Compound works more or less aggressively based on your pad selection. If you need heavy cutting and aggressive action, team Wolfgang Über Compound with a cutting pad. If you need to remove swirl marks and common paint defects, apply Über Compound with a polishing foam pad. We have even heard of Über Compound being used as a finishing polish on hard paint systems when used with a ultra-soft finishing pad. The options are endless and the performance is outstanding.
- Clean and dry the vehicle. Apply Wolfgang Über Compound out of direct sunlight.
- Depending on the condition of the paint, choose a polishing, light cutting pad or cutting pad. Apply a bead of Wolfgang Über Compound to the vehicle or to the pad. With the polisher turned off, spread the polish over about a 2 x 2 sq. ft. area.
- Polish at 1200-1800 RPM (5 or 6 on a dual action polisher) working slowly across and then up and down the area. Check your work after several passes to see if the defect has been removed. If so, reduce the pressure and continue buffing until a high gloss is achieved.
- Wipe the polished area with a microfiber cloth. Repeat steps 1-4 where defect removal is desired.
- Follow with Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 to completely restore the gloss.
- Always apply a wax or sealant after compounding or polishing. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 seals in the shine with its long-lasting polymer formula. Wolfgang Füzion Wax is a blend of carnauba wax and polymers that offers long-term protection with a traditional paste wax feel.