Lake Country CCS Dual Action 5.5 Inch Foam Pads -
CCS stands for Collapsed Cell Structure. CCS Technology is Lake Country's innovative pad design that saves product by controlling product release onto the work surface. Dozens of dimples in the foam collect excess polish and reserve it until it is needed on the pad's face (the area that is in contact with the paint). This design prolongs your working time and reduces product waste. Each pad measures 7/8'' of an inch thick and features a tapered edge for optimal performance, regardless of the machine used.
Slows rate of polish absorption As discussed above, the pads are slow to absorb products and therefore the paint benefits from a longer working time. The same is true of liquid waxes and sealants.
Improves operator control CCS pockets gradually release polish as needed by the operator. Since these areas are not absorbing polish, they serve as little reservoirs until the excess polish is needed.
Prevents pad skipping CCS pockets reduce surface tension allowing the operator to run pad flat on a working surface. Basically, the CCS pockets break up the smooth surface of the foam to eliminate the sticking and skipping that occurs when two perfectly flat surfaces meet.
Creates less heat CCS pockets provide several points where the foam is not completely touching the paint. This reduces friction and therefore heat generated between the pad and the paint.
OEM approved - OEM tests confirm CCS pads out-perform convoluted pad designs.
The CCS 5.5 inch Foam Pads are a perfect fit on dual action polishers and orbital air sanders with a 5 inch backing plate.
Lake Country CCS Dual Action 5.5 Inch Foam Pads are available in these foam compositions:
- Yellow Low Profile Cutting 5.5 inch Foam Pad - Use this pad to apply compounds or polishes to remove severe oxidation, swirls, and scratches. It is the most aggressive and should only be used on oxidized and older finishes. Always follow this pad with an orange or white pad and a fine polish to refine the paint until it is smooth.
- Orange Low Profile Light Cutting 5.5 inch Foam Pad - Firm, high density foam for scratch and defect removal. Use this pad with polishes and swirl removers. It's an all around pad that will work on most light to moderate imperfections.
- White Low Profile Heavy Polishing 5.5 inch Foam Pad - Less dense foam formula for the application of waxes, micro-fine polishes and sealants. This pad has a lighter cutting power so its perfect for pre-wax cleaners.
- Green Low Profile Polishing/Finishing 5.5 inch Foam Pad - Use this foam to apply one-step cleaner waxes. It is a balance of polishing and finishing that is perfect for all-in-one product application.
- Blue Low Profile Light Polishing 5.5 inch Foam Pad This pad is not as dense as the green polishing pad and provides little cutting ability. Generally used to polish to perfect, this pad will leave a high shine on the surface. Perfect for use with a finishing glaze, last-step polish, and some all-in-one cleaner polishes.
- Black Low Profile Finishing 5.5 inch Foam Pad - Composition is firm enough to withstand added pressure during final finishing to remove buffer swirls. It has no cut and will apply thin, even coats of waxes, sealants, and glazes.
New Aggression Levels for Lake Country CCS & Flat Pads
Foam Pad Care
To clean all foam pads: Mix a scoop of Wolfgang Polishing Pad Rejuvenator in 3-4 gallons of water before you begin detailing. When you're finished with each pad, toss it in the mixture to soak. Mild agitation with a Foam Conditioning Brush will release any polish residue. Rinse the pads and lay them flat to dry. Lay the pads foam side down. If foam pads are left to dry with the hook & loop facing down, water will settle where the hook & loop is glued to the foam and it may affect the glue. For the best results, lay pads foam side down so water drains down and out of the foam.