The Porter Cable 7424XP & FLAT Pad Kit is the best starter kit for new detailers or those who are new to machine polishing! This money-saving kit includes the Porter Cable 7424XP dual action polisher, an assortment of Lake Country's flat foam pads, microfiber towels, and pad care products. The pads in this kit can be used to apply fine polishes, prewax cleaners, waxes, paint sealants, and glazes.
This kit includes Lake Country Flat Foam Pads. Choose any five pads from the menus at the bottom of the page.
Porter Cable 7424XP Variable Speed Polisher
The Porter Cable 7424XP Dual Action Polisher is a beefed up, more powerful version of our most popular dual action polisher. The Porter Cable 7424XP Dual Action Polisher has all the user-friendly features of the original Porter Cable 7424, but a 4.5 amp motor enables enhanced performance and durability. The Porter Cable 7424XP Dual Action Polisher operates from 2,500 OPM to 6,800 OPM to provide a faster removal rate. The 7424XP features all ball and roller bearing construction with spiral/bevel gears and an improved switch design. The buffer accepts a 5/16-24 spindle thread. The pad diameter is 6 inches. The polisher includes a wrench, side handle, polishing pad, and an operating manual.Dual Action 5 Inch Hook & Loop Backing Plate
Constructed of flexible urethane, this 5 inch backing plate has hook and loop material permanently secured from edge to edge. A recessed edge protects the paint from impact and the post is made of durable stainless steel. The 5/16 inch thread fits any dual action polisher with a corresponding thread. A 5 inch backing plate is recommended for 6.5 inch pads in order to provide a generous margin of error. Should you tilt the polisher or cut in too close to mirrors, the backing plate will not strike the paint. 2 Microfiber Detailing Cloths (16 x 16 inches)
(color may vary)
These versatile microfiber towels are great for any variety of detailing tasks, from general washing and scrubbing off road contaminants, to applying and buffing off wax and all-in-one protectants. All the Cobra Detailing Cloths boast an 80/20 polyester/polyamide blend in a special “feather” weave that increases their absorption properties, guaranteeing high performance and durability.16 oz. McKee's 37 Polishing Pad Cleaner
Clean pads produce better results, are less likely to mar, and last longer. There is absolutely no downside to cleaning buffer pads and reusing them! McKee's 37 Polishing Pad Cleaner is a penetrating cleaner that releases products from foam and wool polishing pads, and refreshes the texture of the pad. You’ll get more mileage out of your pads and spend less time cleaning them!16 oz. McKee's 37 Polishing Pad Conditioner
Prevention of dry buffing is as easy as misting an unused pad with McKee's 37 Polishing Pad Conditioner. It only takes a couple of spritzes to prep the pad for polishing. The rich lubricants instantly penetrate the pad, softening and conditioning the material. Even if the pad has never been used, it will glide across the paint like you’re halfway through the detail session
Choose 5 flat pads from the following options:Orange Light Cutting Foam 6.5"
- Firm, high density foam for scratch and defect removal. Use this pad with polishes and swirl removers. It’s an all around pad that will work on most light to moderate imperfections.
White Flat Polishing Foam 6.5"
- High absorption foam formula for the application of waxes, micro-fine polishes and sealants. This pad has very light cutting power so its perfect for pre-wax cleaners.
Gray Finishing Foam 6.5"
- Composition is firm enough to withstand added pressure during final finishing to remove buffer swirls. It has no cut and will apply thin, even coats of waxes, sealants, and glazes.
Blue Finessing Foam 6.5”
– Flat pad has soft composition for applying glaze, finishing polish, sealants, and liquid waxes. Flat pad provides full contact with paint surface to minimize the pressure applied by the user. Use the blue pad to remove products or for final buffing.
Cyan Advanced Cutting Foam
- The blue foam is designed for compounding and swirl removal. This closed cell pre-polymer foam restores oxidized and heavily swirled paint. Looks can be deceiving; the blue pad looks coarse but actually finishes with no marring. You'll achieve an almost wax-ready finish in one step. That's another way the Lake Country Hydro-Tech 6.5 Inch Foam Pads save you time.
Tangerine Ultra Polishing Foam
- The tangerine foam is made for light to moderate defect removal and polishing. It has the cutting power just below that of the Lake Country orange light cutting pad, and the tangerine pad leaves a finish like you'd achieve with a gray finishing pad.
Pads manufactured by Lake Country.
Porter Cable 7424XP Polisher
Porter Cable 7424XP Wrench
Porter Cable 7424XP Counter Weight
5 Inch Backing Plate
2 Microfiber Detailing Cloths, 16 x 16 inches (color may vary)
16 oz. McKee's 37 Polishing Pad Cleaner
16 oz. McKee's 37 Polishing Pad Conditioner
Plus 5 Lake Country Flat Foam Pads of your choice!
A total retail value of $253.56. Save $43.56!
Additional discounts are not applicable on this item.Upgrade to the Heavy-Duty model 7424xp!The HD model has a heavy-duty 16 gauge, 25 foot power cord hardwired into the polisher.
Please call 877-855-3125 for an expedited shipping quote on this item.
The longer cord is more convenient than an extension cord and it is gauged to deliver maximum power to the polisher for safe, efficient operation. The standard cord is 11.5 ft. Select the HD model from the drop-down menu at the top of the screen.