The Two Mode DA Polisher that does what you want it to do!
Change between forced rotation and random orbital motions
Eliminate swirl marks, scratches, and polish to a high gloss
Variable speed up to 5800 Orbits Per Minute.
The NEW Makita BO6050J features:
Two polishing modes in one exceptional machine!
- Higher OPM's (6,800 max)
- New ergonomically correct body design with rubber grips for increased stability while holding.
- Lock-on slide trigger switch for added convenience of continuous operation.
- Smooth soft start operation
The Makita BO6050J Orbital Polisher is an ingenious polisher that works as an orbital polisher or a forced rotation orbital polisher. The random orbital action is great for finish sanding while the forced rotation setting is fantastic for aggressive swirl and defect removal. The Makita BO6050J Orbital Polisher is like having two machines in one!
An orange knob on the Makita Polisher
makes it possible to switch back and forth between random orbital and orbital forced rotation. Just be sure the machine is off when you make the switch. The speed control on the back of the machine allows you to operate at anywhere from 1600 to 5800 opm, no matter what mode you are in. Use the random orbit mode for gentle polish and wax application and buffing. Use the forced rotation orbit for compounding and scratch removal. One machine does it all!
Best of all, when the Makita BO6050J
is in forced rotation mode, it still orbits to provide the same safeguard against burning the paint as random orbital setting. This lessens the risk of producing swirls while still giving you the cutting power of a forced rotation orbital polisher. You should still take great care when operating the machine in this setting by starting at a low speed. We recommend starting at 2 until you are more comfortable.
The Makita BO6050J Polisher comes with a one year factory warranty and a handy carrying case. It also comes with a wrench to remove the included 6 Hook & Loop backing plate.
The Makita BO6050J
replaces two machines, making it a great value. If you do not currently own a buffer, or you are not sure if your vehicles scratches will come out with an ordinary dual-action polisher, the Makita BO6050J is an excellent choice. Start out with the random orbital setting and a low-cut polish. The general rule is if your fingernail catches the scratch, youll need to do some compounding to totally remove it. If the random orbital setting is not working, just turn the machine off, turn the orange knob, and turn the polisher back on. The orbital motion with forced rotation will level the scratch until it is completely eliminated.
If you only buy one polisher, make it the Makita BO6050J Dual-Action Polisher
. This one machine will take care of all your detailing jobs, large or small, with just the turn of a knob.
- 2-mode switch for "random orbit" action (finish sanding) and "random orbit with forced rotation" action (aggressive sanding and polishing)
- Superior engineering and design reduces vibration by 20% and noise levels almost 2 to 1 over the competition
- Variable speed control dial (1,600 - 6,800 OPM; 180 - 670 RPM) for various applications
- Compact tool height (5-3/16") increases efficiency and maneuverability
- Small diameter barrel grip for optimum comfort and control
- Uses convenient hook & loop abrasive sanding discs and accessories (hook & loop backing plate included)
- Efficient through-the-pad dust collection system with built in dust port for a cleaner work environment
- Includes: 1 ea. Abrasive Disc (#120; 794610-1), Hex Wrench (783203-8), Rubber Pad (193286-4), Wrench Holder (410047-0) and Plastic Tool Case (824591-5)