The Makita BO6040 Dual Action Orbital Sander/Polisher is a high-tech dual-action polisher with a twist. With a simple turn of a knob, the Makita BO6040 Dual Action Orbital Sander/Polisher changes from a traditional random-orbital polisher into a forced rotation orbital polisher. Because this polisher is essentially two polishers in one, it is a great value.
Use the Makita BO6040 Dual Action Orbital Sander/Polisher in random orbital mode for final polishing or for use with the latest in microfiber pad technology. Switch the more aggressive forced rotation mode to handle more serious defects with ease. The powerful motor drives the pad across the paint with minimal effort.
The Makita BO6040 Dual Action Orbital Sander/Polisher comes with a one year warranty and a rugged carrying case. The integral backing plate features a hook n’ loop attachment that allows all 6.5 inch and larger pads to fit easily.
- 2-mode switch for "random orbit" action (finish sanding) and "random orbit with forced rotation" action (aggressive sanding and polishing)
- Superior engineering and design reduces vibration by 20% and noise levels almost 2 to 1 over the competition
- Variable speed control dial (1,600-5,800 OPM / 180-670 RPM) enables user to match the speed to the application
- Compact tool height (5-3/16") increases efficiency and maneuverability
- Small diameter barrel grip for optimum comfort and control
- Efficient through-the-pad dust collection system with built-in dust port for a cleaner work environment
- Uses convenient hook-and-loop abrasive discs and accessories
- Optional side handle for added comfort and leverage (153489-2)