Restore dull headlights like a professional!
Easy to use kit
Clear, concise instructions
Great for beginners!
The 3M Headlight Lens Restoration System is a complete headlight polishing kit that removes scratches and yellowing from aged headlight lenses. This four-step, do-it-yourself polishing kit restores clarity to headlights and taillights to achieve optimum brightness. You'll see the road better and other drivers will see you better after you use the 3M Headlight Lens Restoration System.
Plastic lenses can yellow with age, reducing headlight brightness. Dull headlights fail to illuminate as far as they should, meaning you're only seeing part of the picture. To improve your safety while driving, use the 3M Headlight Lens Restoration System to restore yellow, oxidized headlights.
3M Headlight Lens Restoration System is a simple, four-step process that you can perform at home with no special tools. You only need a standard household drill. The 3M Headlight Lens Restoration System saves you money. Most headlights can be restored well enough to avoid costly lens replacement, and there's no need to hire a professional. If you can operate a drill, you can polish headlights with the 3M Headlight Lens Restoration System.
Use the 3M Headlight Lens Restoration System to restore plastic lenses, including headlights, taillights, fog and directional lights. You'll need the 3M Headlight Lens Restoration System, an electric drill that operates from 1200-1600 rpm, a Cobra Microfiber Detailing Cloth,
and a spray bottle filled with water.Directions:
- Wipe off the headlight to remove any loose dirt. Tape off the surrounding paint with Scotch 233+ Premium Automotive Masking Tape.
- Put the backing plate onto the drill. Press the yellow P500 grit disc against the backing plate. Use light to medium pressure and work back and forth to remove scratches and yellowing. When the disc is no longer effective, turn off the drill and attach a new P500 grit disc and continue working until defects are removed.
- Next, attach the P800 grit white abrasive disc to remove scratches from previous step. Again, work with light to medium pressure After this step, the headlight should look frosted.
- Apply P3000 Trizact™ Foam Disc. Mist the disc with a water bottle. Use light to medium pressure to sand the lens cover. You'll see a white slurry as you polish. Continue with 4-6 passes after the white slurry appears. Wipe the headlight lens with a Cobra Microfiber Detailing Cloth and inspect your work. Any remaining scratches should be very fine at this point. If not, repeat this step.
- Attach the orange foam compounding pad. Dispense a dime size amount of 3M headlight lens polish onto the pad and spread over the lens with the machine turned off to avoid splatter. Polish the lens until the lens is clear and smooth. Wipe the lens clean with a Cobra Microfiber Detailing Cloth.
- To protect your lenses from future oxidation, use Wolfgang Plastik Surface Sealant. The clear coating will guard against UV rays, moisture, and dirt.
Restore the appearance and function of your vehicle's headlights with the do-it-yourself 3M Headlight Lens Restoration System.